Friday, December 30, 2005

Wedding wishes from afar

In just a few hours, two of our good friends will be tying the knot in Jamaica. It's a bittersweet time because while we're absolutely thrilled for them, we're also sad because we can't be there to share their special day.

I like to take some credit for introducing the happy couple. After all, I was the one who convinced her to join my softball team that year and as luck would have it, he also came aboard that season. I could see the sparks starting to fly early on and the proposal came three years later.

When we learned of the wedding plans, we tried to figure out a way to be there for the wedding but it wasn't meant to be. Instead, we'll celebrate their vows from 1800 miles away.

So raise a glass with me today at 10:30 (or perhaps a cup of coffee; it is an early wedding) and let's toast the wonderful couple. Here's to your dream wedding and the perfect life together.

And let's hope they have those wedding pictures and DVD back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DVD? I don't know about any DVD! That's complete fiction!