Tuesday, December 27, 2005

2006: A weight odyssey

We're on the cusp of a new year and in my world that can only mean one thing: diet season.

Now don't confuse this with Yom Kippur, the official start of the Jewish diet season. While that is also a celebration of a new year, it is the destined-to-fail diet. You start off the day so hopeful. "Look, I can fast. It's no big deal," you say, but by dinnertime you're stuffing your face again. By the next day it's back to McDonald's.

The new year as stipulated by the Gregorian calendar has historically been a more successful diet season for me. First, with the big food holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Chrismukkah) behind me, I'm already feeling like a fat pig. When your clothes don't fit, you're more motivated to stick with the program.

Societal pressures help too. Everyone on television is kind enough to remind you that it's time to get your fat ass to the gym, join that new health plan, try a new diet miracle, etc.

This year, I'm one step ahead of the game. I already have a gym membership. I also plan to return to Weight Watchers which can take credit for my 25-lb. weight loss in the beginning of 2001.

Of course I also face a few additional challenges this year as well. For instance, the secretary who sits just outside my office keeps a large M&M dispenser on her desk. The baked goods that my coworkers constantly bring into the office are going to be tough also.

But I can't make excuses this time. I've lost the weight before and I can do it again. I'm embracing my new mantra: Don't Feed Alisa. (This doesn't take effect until Jan. 3 so in the meantime, feed away!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooh do you want to do ww with ME???? i need a ww buddy. we could do the 11:00 tuesday thing or an evening one??????????

erika :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

I Got Cinched! I lost 7.5 lbs. since August and over 6 inches. With Cinch Kosher Inch Loss diet plan, you eat food to look forward to. You can't say that about cabbage soup! Mix up a glass of mmmmm.With tons of protein so you feel full. Leucine so you don’t lose muscle. And creamy vanilla or chocolate flavor choices so you don't lose your will. You will get all the benefits of a meal. Except it tastes like dessert. Delicious, healthy, and satisfying meal at home or on-the-go Powered by Lucien to help preserve muscle while you lose weight Cinch inch Loss Plan is Kosher Parve, try the Cafe Latte Shake, yummy flavor. , I love it and crave it every day.