I'm a simple girl. Practical. Frugal. I don't need anything fancy. In fact, I've always mocked people who insist on designer labels when another brand is just as good.And yet I found myself with Coach envy. Perhaps it's because I spent the weekend with a group of girls who all were Coach adorned, or maybe it's that weekend my co-workers forced me to go to the Coach outlet in Rehoboth. Perhaps I've just been spending too much time on BCG listening to all this purse talk. In any case, I wanted one and I'm ashamed.
Now what do I do? Do I give into my desires and splurge on something I may later regret? Or do I hold my ground and pretend I'll be happy with my Target bag? Hardly.
Instead, I came up with a plan. I will buy a Coach bag if, and only if, I can get a really good deal. I'll check the outlets and eBay. See if I get a good deal, then it's not like I'm a hypocrite. It's just that I'm taking advantage of a bargain and nobody could blame me for that, right?
Two weekend treks later, I have my Coach bag and I'm very satisfied. It was on a big sale and cost less than half of its original price. It's even cheaper than I could have gotten it for on eBay. Heck, they practically paid me to take if off their hands... their nicely-manicured, well-adorned, hands.
Now I just need a wallet to match...
No comments:
Post a Comment