In a little more than three weeks, I, along with my family and friends, will stay up and walk all night in an effort to raise money for the American Cancer Society. For my sleep apnea-ridden self, it should be quite interesting to see how awake I manage to stay. I've never actually pulled an all-nighter, not even in college. I stayed up late many Sunday nights as we tried to meet our deadline for the college newspaper, but I never made it the whole entire night.
So in preparation for Relay for Life, I've got the caffeine pills and Diet Coke all ready to go. I do, however, need something else -- specifically, a few more donations. See I'm not just doing this walk for the free pizza at midnight.
I'm doing this to raise as much money as possible for cancer research. Is this a little selfish of me? Sure. As a two-time cancer survivor, I have a vested interest in making sure that cancer research and other important program are well-financed. But I'm not the only one who will benefit from the fundraising so I suppose I can consider myself slightly benevolent. Slightly.
My team, the Semicolons, has done an awesome job of fundraising so far. As of this moment, we've raised a total of $4,137.40. Pretty impressive, don't you think? But we still have a few weeks left and we might as well raise more money.
So, you want to donate? Great! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Luckily for you, making a donation is incredibly easy. Just click here and enter my name. You can make a donation right there online using your credit card.
If you're not so comfortable with online stuff, you can make a check out to the American Cancer Society and mail it to me. I'll make sure it gets turned in by the May 31 deadline.
To all of you who have already donated, I thank you very much. Your contributions will help those who weren't as lucky as I was.
And now, as I get ready for the night of June 10-11, I think I will go take a nap. I'm going to need all the sleep I can get in preparation for the big all-nighter.
6 comments:
A few years ago, my friend and I went to see Phish at Merriweather. We drank some beer before the show and parked at the mall. We didn't actually pay attention to where we were parked, and when the show was over, we had no idea where the car was located. It was the same night as Relay for Life, and we didn't understand why there were all these people up at 2am walking around the mall. It freaked us out.
Good luck on your walk!
Can't wait. Bring some caffeine pills for me please.
DaniSteg
so, how was it? How did it go?
so, how was it? How did it go?
so, how was it? How did it go?
MORE, MORE!!!!
Post a Comment