I wasn't exactly enthusiastic when I first learned that our favorite couple was expecting. It was more like a combination of shock and confusion and I didn't react too well. When Nathan first said Kristen was pregnant, I suppressed my initial urge to blurt out "On purpose?"
I wised up quickly enough and over the past few months have warmed to the concept of our friends with a baby. It helps that I have full confidence that Kristen and Nathan will be wonderful parents and will raise what I'm sure could be the world's most perfect child. But no pressure, of course.
After meeting Riley and seeing what a good baby she is, I'm starting to get excited about all of the things we'll be able to teach her. And we can use her as an excuse too. Instead of Rich and I looking silly adults when we go to the circus or the zoo, now we'll be able to take Riley because, well, that's what you do with kids. It's a win-win.
So welcome Riley, and congratulations to your parents. Please stay as sweet as you were in our hour together and do your best to minimize the stinky diapers. Thanks in advance.
2 comments:
Hey......it's been too long since your last post! What's up with that?
alright........it's over 2 months since your last post. Surely you have something to say.
Post a Comment