This is the chance you've all been waiting for. It's time to tell me where to go -- on vacation, that is.Rich has off of work for the first week of July so we're trying to plan a nice little trip. The problem? We have no idea what to do or where to go. And we don't want to spend much money either.
Our views on the perfect vacation tend to vary somewhat. He wants excitement and plush accommodations, while relaxation and site-seeing top my list. Cruises have been a wonderful way to combine all of those interests but they're really expensive that time of year, especially with the Fourth of July holiday.
Further, neither of us are really beach people. We're not big fans of hot weather so an island locale is probably not the way to go.
My first thought was that this would be the perfect time to visit some of my family in the Providence/Boston suburbs/southern coastal Maine region. (I haven't exactly discussed this with any of them though so it may not even be a possibility.)
But in order to make it fulfill the excitement aspect that Rich requires, we would have to find something to accompany the visits with relatives. (I've already nixed tornado chasing. There's not enough life insurance in the world to make that a good idea.)
Unfortunately the Orioles are not playing in Boston during that week. We also haven't seen any Broadway shows coming to the area that we'd be desperate to see.
This is why I need you help. I need you all to design me a vacation. The person who comes up with the winning idea will get a 2006 JCPenney snowglobe.
6 comments:
I think tornado chasing sounds invigorating. It would certainly combine excitement with site-seeing, plus it wouldn't cost a whole lot. That's definitely the way to go.
Wow, tornade chasing????
I've actually been wanting to do that for years! Maybe we can get a group together.
the orioles may not be playing in boston that week, but they are playing in CHICAGO, aka most awesome city on earth. you guys should go there. you should be able to find a decent place to stay and southwest always has deals from BWI to Midway.
How about Iceland?
lowella
if you go to Chicago, see if you can get tickets to Oprah!
I agree with Diane. Chicago totally rocks. It's cheap to fly there, the food is amazing, Wrigley Field rules, the bar scene is lovely, and there is culture abound. I have had people think that I am a secret plant from the city of Chicago to get people from Baltimore to move there.
I would also recommend a trip out to the beautiful Southwest. You can fly to Vegas, rent a car, and visit Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. There are affordable lodges there, and camping, if you're into that. We did this for our honeymoon and it was economical and romantic.
Post a Comment